STEERING CLEAR OF TOXIC PRODUCTIVITY
Personal productivity systems often prioritize the appearance of busyness over actual efficiency, which is particularly problematic for individuals with ADHD.
Standard methods are tailored for neurotypical individuals, and thus are not suitable for those with ADHD.
To address this, it's crucial to adopt strategies specifically crafted for you, which focuses on engaging the interest-based nature of the mind instead of just attempting to exert more effort using approaches that are misaligned with their needs.
Toxic positivity is over!
DATING NEURO-SPICY? KEYS TO HER UNIQUE SPARK
Navigating a relationship with a woman who has ADHD involves understanding and compassion. Here are five ways to strengthen your bond:
1. Educate Yourself: Learn about the condition to gain insights into her experiences.
2. Assess Your Needs: Reflect on what you need in the relationship and if you can accommodate her unique behaviors.
3. Cherish Your Partner: Her condition is just one aspect of her multifaceted personality
4. Communicate About Intimacy: Since it can impact sexual health, open discussion about desires and needs is crucial.
5. Foster a Strong Connection: Focus on effective communication, appreciation, community involvement, a teamwork approach, and maintaining a positive outlook on your relationship.
By recognizing that women often show less obvious signs of inattention rather than hyperactivity, you can be more supportive. With mutual effort, your partnership can flourish, with ADHD becoming just one of many shared life aspects.
Dating with ADHD be like
BRAIN TRAINING: EFFECTIVE STRATEGY OR MYTH?
Brain training, encompassing neurofeedback and cognitive exercises, aims to enhance brain function. However, its effectiveness is not uniform across individuals.
Research into the benefits for ADHD presents mixed results, with some studies noting improvements in attention and reduced hyperactivity. It's crucial to approach these programs with caution and informed judgment.
The hyperfocus superpower
REBOOT YOUR RESPONSE TO BOREDOM
Boredom intolerance in ADHD may lead to inattention or impulsive actions. To manage this, it's crucial to identify tasks and activities that engage you. Here are some strategies:
1. Discover your interests to focus on stimulating and enjoyable activities.
2. Write down your top joys for quick reference when boredom strikes.
3. Combine stimulating activities with mundane tasks to keep things interesting.
4. Use fidget toys or listen to audiobooks to maintain focus during less engaging tasks.
5. Incorporate physical activities that align with your interests, like running or dancing.
6. Explore new skills to keep your brain engaged.
The Mindfulness Prescription for Adult ADHD
Don’t let adult ADHD stand in your way—this 8-step mindfulness program provides you with the tools you need to stay focused and confident in all areas of your life.
The program includes practices such as sitting meditation, body awareness, thoughtful speaking and listening, development of self-acceptance, mindful self-coaching, cultivation of a balanced view of thoughts and emotions, and more. Dr. Zylowska educates readers about ADHD, helping them to understand how their ADHD brain works and how they can use mindful awareness to work with their challenges. She also explains how the mindful approach can be combined with other treatments, including medications, to boost self-improvement.
I'm excited about all the ideas I have for this newsletter...and I can't wait to share them with all of YOU! Thank-you all so much for joining me on this journey.
© Inspired and Elevated LLC
By reading this, you agree to all of the following: You understand this to be an expression of opinions and not professional advice. You are solely responsible for the use of any content and hold Inspired and Elevated LLC and all members and affiliates harmless in any event or claim.
If you purchase anything through a link in this email, you should assume that we have an affiliate relationship with the company providing the product or service that you purchase, and that we will be paid in some way. We recommend that you do your own independent research before purchasing anything.
Copyright © 2020 Inspired and Elevated LLC. All Rights Reserved